I’m a qualified teacher, with an MA in teaching in higher education and five years’ solid experience creating and delivering Journalism courses at Coventry University in the UK. That’s come in handy for some of the training my clients have asked for and my public speaking engagements. Recently, I have:
- Recorded an interview for the Write Minds program
- Taken part in a panel on Healing Intergenerational Trauma
- Been interviewed for the Rise and Shine Radio program
Here’s some of my past work:
- Student Blogging – how to get started with blogging as a student and why you should
- Content Marketing: The Power of Words to Increase Business Profitability (view slides) – 20 minute educational talk for a business networking organization
- Writing for the Web – an ebook created from a 2 hour workshop for people new to online writing.
- Writing Reports and Project Documents – originally a 4-hour 1 on 1 training session, this is now available on Slideshare.
- How to Write a Research Paper – presentation resulting from a 2 hour training session for a new PhD student
- Employees: The most important audience you’ll ever write for. – a 90 minute webinar for Ragan Training.
- Hacking Creativity – How to Find and Act on Inspiration (presentation)
- Academic Writing – Lose the Jargon! (presentation based on a 2 hour 1 on 1 writing workshop)
Contact me if you want to hire me for speaking engagements or training.