Men with Pens wrote today about how a great reputation can ruin your business, making the point that sometimes the work you publicize creates a particular image of the skills you have. It occurred to me that all of us have skills that we don’t promote, but which we use competently. Here are some of the things I have done that are not on my resume:
- I have bought domain names and arranged hosting for several sites.
- I have customized WordPress themes, including changing the colours, sidebar and footer on this one (the banner design is from Men with Pens)
- I currently manage a website on a volunteer basis, as well as several of my own.
- I write resumes for people.
- I advise people on managing their writing careers.
In other words, I do more than just write SEO articles and ebooks and blog. So if you’re on this site because you’re wondering what I can do for you, these are a few things to add to the list – and I will add them to my resume one day.