As I mentioned in my last update, the early part of the year was unusually busy – I’m not complaining – because I’ve started writing about diversity, equity, and inclusion, and anti-racism. That work is pretty fulfilling, and I hope to do more of it during the year.
As we head towards the middle of the year, I’ve remained busy and have taken on some interesting projects. These include ghostwriting Black History Month and DEI content for a global corporate entity, and writing several white papers for a client in the travel sector.
Of course, I’m still also writing about business and marketing, and you’ll see that variety reflected in the list below.
I write for the Business Trends site about a variety of small business topics.
- How to Handle a Reputational, Operational or Financial Crisis
- Mastering Digital Payments: Ways to Thrive in a Cashless Society
- 5 Key Ways to Kickstart Your Company’s Equality Strategy
- Should You Hire an SEO Service?
- How to Combat Information Overload With the Perfect Email Drip Campaign
For Square, I also cover small business topics.
- From Brick and Mortar to Click and Order: Transitioning to eCommerce
- How to Choose the Right Compensation Method for Your Salon or Spa
This was my first paid commission for anti-racism writing. It was actually published late in 2020, but I wanted to include it here, as it reflects my new focus.
All Across Africa/KAZI – NEW!
This was another commission for a company with an explicit social justice focus.
This site covers a variety of small business topics.
- 5 ways women can become better negotiators
- 5 easy ways to supplement your income
- What you need to know about the digital age of lending
- How minority business owners can push past challenges to succeed
I cover business topics for this site
I’ve been writing for Taboola for a while, covering digital marketing and native advertising. I was pleased to be able to help them out with interviews published during Black History Month and Women’s History Month.
- The Ultimate Guide to Valentine’s Day Marketing
- Digital Publishing Trends for 2021
- Interview with Taboola Black’s Nicole Uvieghara: Still Room For Improvement in the Advertising & Publishing Industry
- Interview with Taboola Black’s Founder, Nneka Okoli: Diversity in the Advertising & Publishing Industry
- Interview with Cait Rose: Gender Equity in the Advertising Industry: Slow Progress, But a Long Way to Go
- Interview with Garvita Khanna: Gender Equity in Advertising and Publishing
- Interview with Shelly Paioff: The Glass Ceiling for Women Still Exists, Even if We Raised It
I write regularly for the business channel of Tuts+, and my work there covers leadership, presentation skills, gender equity, diversity, and much more.
- 24 Best Free Pros and Cons PowerPoint Presentation Templates 2021
- How to Give a Presentation to Senior Management & Executives in 2021 (+ Expert Tips)
- Earth Day 2021: How Your Business Can Take Part In Restoring the Earth
- 20+ Best PowerPoint Templates to Make About Myself Presentations in 2021
- 25 Best Free Leadership PowerPoint PPT Presentation Templates to Download 2021
One new thing I’ve done for Tuts+ is add screencasts to existing articles:
- 20 Creative Presentation Ideas That’ll Inspire Audiences in 2021
- How to Write a Great LinkedIn Recommendation With Helpful Examples
- BOW 090 – Sharon Hurley Hall: Shifting Focus In Your Writing Career
- How To Build a Content Distribution Strategy That Works
That’s it for now. As usual, I’ll update this throughout the year.
Previous Writing Work
Check out my previous work:
- 2020 writing portfolio
- 2019 writing portfolio
- 2018 writing portfolio
- 2017 writing portfolio – Q1, Q2, Q3-4
Last updated: May 2021