Welcome to my 2020 writing portfolio. You’ll find a mixed bag of articles here. I write mainly for B2B audiences about digital marketing and business topics, but I hate to be pigeonholed, so don’t be surprised to see different topics and B2C writing, as the year progresses. Here’s my bylined work so far this year:
I joined the Tuts+ instructor team last year, which is a good fit for me given my teaching experience. My work here includes tutorials on business software and resource roundups, but there are also articles I’m proud of on diversity and gender equality:
- A New Look at Diversity in the Workplace for 2020
- 10 Benefits of Gender Equality in the Workplace (International Women’s Day 2020)
- 20+ Best Premium PowerPoint Templates to Download for 2020 Presentations
- 18+ Best Free Corporate PowerPoint Templates Company PPT Presentations 2020
- How Do You Prepare a Good Presentation in 10 Practical Steps?
- How Many Slides to Use For a 5, 10, 15+ Minute Presentation
- 15+ Free Attractive Resume CV Templates With Stylish Designs to Download 2020
- 10+ Best Free Modern Resume Templates (Download Clean CV Design Formats 2020)
- 20 Best Free Corporate Training & eLearning PowerPoint Templates for 2020
- 18 Best Free Email Signature Templates (Download HTML + PSD for 2020)
I’ve been writing for Slickplan for just over a year, covering UX topics. This is a bit different from what I usually write about, but I really enjoy it.
- How to Create Adaptable and Evolving UX Strategies
- User Personas: 4 Examples That Illustrate What Makes Persona Development Effective
For Taboola, I write about lead generation topics, especially related to content discovery.
- Online Lead Generation Marketing: A Complete Guide, Best Practices and Strategies
- Lead Generation Landing Pages that Work
- What is a Landing Page?
- How to Create High-Converting Mobile Landing Pages
- How to Drive E-commerce Sales
Get.LLC covers small business topics, and this article seems particularly timely:
I cover e-commerce marketing topics for Jilt.
- eCommerce SEO: How to use keywords to increase traffic and sales
- How people find eCommerce brands & what that means for strategy
Like my writing? Contact me to see how we can work together.
I’ve contributed content to the following articles:
- Women In Marketing: How To Beat Career Challenges For The Money
- Best Social Media Tools: What The Top Marketers Use
- Social Media Definition: The Guide You Need To Get Results
- 24 Marketing Experts Reveal How Businesses Can Survive & Thrive During (or After) the COVID-19 Crisis
- How To Double Your Writing Productivity In 30 Minutes (+Tips from Experts)
- Work from Home: Where to Find Online Jobs & How to Get Started
In addition, my work has been cited in the following articles:
- 6 Easy Ways to Find the Best Freelance Experts
- Content Optimization: Fix Underperforming Content Without Tossing It Out
- Email marketing for small businesses: 5 benefits, 10 platforms & 17 best practices
- 10 Expert Tips for Marketing During a Crisis
- The COVID-19 Guide For Fake News
- 11 Tips for Writing Powerful Headlines People Click to Read
- 5 Social Media Spring Cleaning Ideas
- 7 Inbound Lead Conversion Strategies to Use Now
Here are a couple of articles that have recently been re-released, on the Pex Card blog:
- What to Do When Customers Drag Their Feet on Invoicing
- 3 Critical Mistakes That Prevent SMBs From Growing
Previous Writing Work
Check out my previous work:
After a long hiatus, I’ve been answering a few Quora questions, including:
- What’s it like to be a freelancer?
- How can I become a professional blogger?
- I want to be a writer – where should I start?
- How can I become an online freelance writer?
Last update: May 2020