Revised and updated for 2019/2020, the second edition of Writing for the Web is an introduction to several key aspects of the web content writing business to help you to get your writing career off the ground: Learn about usability, structuring web content, search engine optimization (SEO), and much more.
Writing for the Web Chapters:
1. Understanding The Web Content Writing Market
2. Usability – How Readers Read
3. Introduction to Structuring Web Content
4. Introduction to Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
5. Using Data in Writing
6. How to Find Credible Sources for Linking
7. Style and Tone – What’s Right for the Web?
8. What You Need to do After Publication
9. Writing Markets – Where to Find Writing Jobs
10. How to Promote Your Writing to Attract More Clients
It includes a few brief exercises and some useful resources. Check out the video below for more details:
Feedback on first edition:
“This book includes all you need to know so you can be up and running in a short time frame, rather than wasting time reading too much about the subject and never beginning to write properly.”