Exploring Shadeism is about shadeism/colorism in Barbados and the Caribbean, explored through history and Caribbean literature. It includes insights from people who’ve experienced the phenomenon. Learn more on the ShadeismBook site.
- “This book helped give me a better understanding of how and why we judge our own race based on appearance and color. I’m an activist for black lives here but I also know that change starts within our own community so that’s why I was so eager to buy this book!”
- “a timely addition to the conversations surrounding inter- and intraracial relationships”
- “a fascinating glimpse into the realities of the tropical paradises many take for granted”
- “an excellent resource for any social scientist”
- “a short, relevant and important read”
Check out the video below to learn more about Exploring Shadeism: